LEAGUE RULES, REGULATIONS, & INFO
League is draft style, meaning each team will consist of beginner players to skilled players.
League is co-ed.
All teams will play one game per week, there are no practices.
All players will receive a game jersey which is mandatory wear for every game, and must be returned at season end.
Every team will have a coach.
Full statistics will be taken.
Elementary level plays 4 on 4, High School plays 5 on 5.
Fair Play Rules
- Game length is four 8 minute quarters
- Players will play 4 minute shifts and will not be allowed to sub off except for injury
- Time outs can only be called by coaches
- Straight run time on clocks. Time only stops on time outs and free throws.
- Players are allowed 5 fouls per game, or 2 technical fouls per game. If 2 technical fouls are called, the player will be suspended for the next game.
- Man to man defence only at the elementary level. No zone defence. Double teams allowed.
- Zone defence allowed at the high school level.
- Full court press only allowed in last quarter at the elementary level. High School is allowed full court all game.
- No smothering defence. Give the players room.
- Older, more experienced players are encouraged to let the younger players play.
- Very little lenience will be allowed for travelling or running with the ball for Junior division.
- No lenience given for travelling in Senior division.
- 3 in the key will be called.
- Over and back will be called, 10 second half court rule in effect. 8 second half court at high school level.
- If a player is fouled in the act of shooting, he/she will get to shoot free throws. Free throw lineup will not be allowed to go for a rebound until the ball is released from the hand of the shooter.
All other general basketball rules apply.