All regular rules below will apply to the league. The rules according to Phase 3 with the Ontario Government will be posted here as soon as possible.
LEAGUE RULES, REGULATIONS, & INFO
3 age groups: Super Junior (SK-Gr 2), Junior (Grade 3-5), Senior (Grade 6-8)
Season begins Sunday, September 29th, 2019.
All games will be played at Parkside Collegiate.
League is draft style, meaning each team will consist of beginner players to skilled players.
League is co-ed.
All teams will play one game per week.
Season will consist of 10 games, including playoffs.
All players will receive a game jersey which is mandatory wear for every game, and must be returned at season end.
Every team will have a coach.
Full statistics will be taken.
Fair Play Rules
- Game length is four 8 minute quarters
- Players will play 4 minute shifts and will not be allowed to sub off except for injury
- Time outs can only be called by coaches
- Straight run time on clocks. Time only stops on time outs and free throws.
- Players are allowed 5 fouls per game, or 2 technical fouls per game. If a technical foul is called, the player must sit the rest of the half. If 2 technical fouls are called, the player will be suspended for the next game.
- Man to man defence only. No zone defence. Double teams allowed.
- Full court press only allowed in last quarter.
- No smothering defence. Give the players room.
- Older, more experienced players are encouraged to let the younger players play.
- Very little lenience will be allowed for travelling or running with the ball for Junior division.
- No lenience given for travelling in Senior division.
- 3 in the key will be called.
- Over and back will be called, 10 second half court rule in effect.
- If a player is fouled in the act of shooting, he/she will get to shoot free throws, but free throw lineup will not be allowed to go for a rebound until the ball is released from the hand of the shooter.
All other general basketball rules apply.