Men's & Women's League Rules
All regular basketball rules in effect.
- Captains are only there to manage communication with their team.
- No substitutions on the fly. Wait for a whistle and a call in from the ref. The refs are also good at seeing when somebody needs a sub and will blow the whistle for you.
- League will not be governed by equal time. It is up to the team as a whole to ensure all players get equal playing time.
- Game time is 4 ten minute quarters.
- All stats taken are a luxury. If there is a discrepancy with any of the stats on the sheet, just remember that what is up on the scoreclock is what is correct.
- Clock will be runtime except for free throws, time outs, and all whistles under 1 minute in the 2nd quarter, and 2 minutes in the 4th quarter.
- This is a competitive/recreational league. It is meant for a good time and good exercise. Please, if there is a problem with the reffing, they are human beings, have a conversation with them like a human being. There is no tolerance for abuse of the officials.
Technical Foul Breakdown (per game):
1st - 1 free throw for other team and retain possession.
2nd - Player is ejected from game and suspended 1 additional game.
2nd ejection - Multiple game suspension.
3rd ejection - Ejection from league.
Free Throws - FIBA Rules. Upon last free throw, players enter for rebound after shooter releases ball.
Jerseys: Jerseys are mandatory for games. If you do not have your jersey or have a matching shirt at game time, your team will be charged a technical foul.
Season will consist of 15 games including playoffs.
Playoffs - A regular playoff tree will be used for all leagues. Every team will play an equal number of playoff games.
Let's have a fun season!