Men's 35+ & Women's League Rules
All regular basketball rules in effect.
- Captains are only there to manage communication with their team.
- No substitutions on the fly. Wait for a whistle and a call in from the ref. The refs are also good at seeing when somebody needs a sub and will blow the whistle for you.
- League will not be governed by equal time. It is up to the team as a whole to ensure all players get equal playing time.
- All stats taken are a luxury. If there is a discrepancy with any of the stats on the sheet, just remember that what is up on the scoreclock is what is correct.
- Clock will be runtime except for free throws, time outs, and all whistles under 2 minutes.
- This is a competitive/recreational league. It is meant for a good time and good exercise. Please, if there is a problem with the reffing, they are human beings, have a conversation with them like a human being. There is no tolerance for abuse of the officials.
Technical Foul Breakdown (per game):
1st - 1 free throw for other team and retain possession.
2nd - Player is ejected from game and suspended 1 additional game.
2nd ejection - Multiple game suspension.
3rd ejection - Team forfeits game - This means as a team you have to keep your players in check.
4th ejection - Ejection from league.
Free Throws - FIBA Rules. Upon last free throw, players enter for rebound after shooter releases ball.
Jerseys: Jerseys are mandatory for games. If you do not have your jersey or have a matching shirt at game time, you will not be allowed to play.
Season will consist of 15 games including playoffs, plus 1 fun night.
Entering playoffs, WOMEN'S - 1st plays 4th, 2nd plays 3rd, followed by a 3rd/4th place game and a championship game.
MEN'S - 1st & 2nd place teams will get a bye. Losing teams in 1st round are done. Finals will consist of a 3rd/4th place game followed by the championship game.
Awards - Players who are aged 30-34 are not eligible for awards. Awards will be given according to league vote. Awards are as follows:
Most Improved Player (Previous: Josh Hatch, Wes Bogart, Chris Dekker/Ryan Rivers)
Rookie of the Year (Previous: Jesse Foster, Kurt Weiland, John Postma)
Defensive Player of the Year (Previous: Dave Gilbert, Chris Streib, Brandon Smith)
Playoff MVP (Previous: Jamie Fischer, Jamie Fischer, Andrew Lynch)
MVP (Previous: Dave Gilbert, Kurt Weiland, Kurt Weiland)
Sportsmanlike Player of the Year (Previous: Chris Dekker, Deepak Kundra, Dave Gilbert)
Let's have a fun season!